Friday, December 18, 2009

The Gift of Patience



I am learning to be patient.  No, don't laugh.  I really am.  While I may seem a bit insane hasty from time to time, I really am much more laid-back than I used to be.  I am learning.

You see when we decided to get pregnant with "Peat," I did.  Days before I found out I was pregnant with "Repeat," we decided to start trying and we were.  Even my four angels awaiting me in heaven were asked for and received (although, they weren't meant to live here on  earth).  Now, the journey to our little Ladybug Princess on the other hand has been a true trial of patience and faith.

Basically, my whole life I've been spoiled well-loved.  Don't get me wrong.  I've had to work for many things in my life, but I've always had a timeline/game plan to follow.  Doing "A" by this date netted me "B" and so on.  I have always known the date or approximately when I would achieve my goal.  With the adoption, the timing is not really up to me.  Not that anything ever is, but I used to think it was.  Up until two years ago and the whole injury debacle, I honestly thought I was the one in control of my life.  Now, I laughingly say that I gave up control back then.  Truthfully, God has been the only on in control forever and always will be.

So, I'm a work in progress.  I was given the gift of patience through a series of sufferings complications that have genuinely enabled me to be a better me.  They say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  Well, friends, I am going to be SUPERWOMAN!

Thank  you, Lord, for your gift of patience to this undeserving soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment