Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do YOU know it's Christmastime?

If you haven't heard the song "Merry Christmas" by Third Day you may not understand where my heart is coming from.

We are in the process of adopting a little princess from China.  It is so difficult to not just jump on a plane and go get her, but the paperwork is not ready.  We have much to do before we bring her home.  I know that our daughter will come home to us in God's perfect timing.  I know that in my head but sometimes my heart takes awhile to catch up.  This time of year seems especially hard.  Our Ladybug Princess is in an orphanage.  We don't know if she has enough food to eat, if she is comforted when she cries, if she knows that our Lord and Savior was born on Christmas day over 2,000 years ago.  There is only one gift I want under our tree this year, and I won't get her.  It certainly makes me realize what Christmas really is all about. 
Sweet Ladybug Princess, I pray that God's angel are watching over you.


Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.   - Mother Teresa




Note: All images in this post have been “borrowed” from the internet. If I’m using your image and you don’t want me to, let me know and I’ll take it down.


1 comment:

  1. So very touching. I think you need to have faith in the fact that God doesn't give anyone things they can't handle, and that goes for your future daughter, too. Any hard times she will go through will make her a stronger person. Just keep the faith that she will be with you soon. I will be keeping her in my prayers that she is well taken care of, and that she has a special guardian angel to watch over her and keep her safe.

    ReplyDelete