Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thursday is my BIG day.

So, I'm asking for prayers, please.  If you don't pray...how about some positive thoughts headed my way?  I'll take those, too!

So, I have RSD aka Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.  It's a nerve disease.  Basically, I'm in pain 24/7 and I've lost/re-gained/lost again function in my left arm from my neck into my shoulder through my fingertips.  I swell up, cold air, a breeze, cool water, air conditioning, any vibration, physical touch (especially light touch) and many other things cause pain.  Truthfully, I don't like to talk about it and I really hate to complain.  I prefer to keep a positive attitude, but trust me I can be a real whiner and all-around *itch somedays. 


Overall, the past few years since I've been diagnosed have been difficult, but my family and friends (man, do you find out who your REAL friends are!!!) have been an epiphany.  I've been forced in learning patience, made to become more "laid back", and I have an incredible new spirituality that I am truly grateful for.  My appreciation for my husband and two sons is beyond words.  They are all three wonderful men that are true blessings in my life.

So, what's happening on Thursday?  I am having a trial surgery at the University.  My treatments I had been having every two weeks had quit working some months ago, and insurance finally gave me the okay to get this surgery.  I am so ready.  If When this works, we will be able to re-start our adoption process for the third time (third time's a charm, right?)!!!  When this trial surgery works, then they will go back in and implant the full thing in a much longer full surgical proceedure.  I'll ask for those prayers when that time comes :)

Note: All images in this post have been “borrowed” from the internet. If I’m using your image and you don’t want me to, let me know and I’ll take it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment