Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Less than Five Months to Go!

I'm going to Disney!  Can you tell that I'm excited?  I'm going with my friend, KT.  We are just doing a "girls' week away."  Can you top that?  Okay, anyone going to pick up their new child beats that, but for the "waiters" like me, you just can't beat the promise of fun called Walt Disney World.




My lovely friend is a Dis-expert.  She's done this before.  I'm a newbie and the wait is making me feel like a little kid again.  KT (with my input) has created some delicious sounding reservations for us.  Here's what we're doing:

•Sat 5/1: 5:00 Brown Derby (inside Hollywood Studios. I managed to get the latest possible Fantasmic Dinner Package. Basically it means we will receive a ticket into the side entrance of the Fantasmic theater. Part of the seating is roped off for those with the tickets and we don't have to arrive quite as early. Seating is not assigned but if we show up 45 minutes before the show we should still be OK while those without the ticket may choose to arrive 1.5-2 hours early!) It will be a stretch time-wise with our arrival but the guy I talked to assured me if we are a little late, they will still do their best to seat us.



•Sun 5/2: 11:30 Sci-Fi Dinner Theater (inside Hollywood Studios), 5:05 Biergarten (inside Epcot)


•Mon 5/3: 12:35 Grand Floridain Cafe (at Grand Floridian Resort), 6:55 Artist Point (at Wilderness Lodge resort, I released our ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe for this one)


•Tues 5/4: 12:00 Chefs de France (inside Epcot), 7:20 California Grill (at Contemporary Resort)


•Wed 5/5: 12:00 Teppan Edo (inside Epcot, I managed to get an earlier ADR), 8:35 Jiko (at Animal Kingdom Lodge, late but we will be able to stay at Animal Kingdom until closing at 8 then have dinner)


•Thurs 5/6: 10:20 Crystal Palace (I couldn't help this one! It's Pooh and friends character dining inside Magic Kingdom. They will have breakfast food when we arrive then transition to lunch at it approaches 11), 6:20 Ohana (at Polynesian resort)
 
Anything you think we're missing?  Ideas?  I'm so excited.  My first experience with Disney, and I don't have to be the Mom...I get to be the Kid!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!!! What a fun trip it will be.

    You have to have dinner at the Prime Time Cafe @ Hollywood!!! It is a must!! And just have desert at the Sci-Fi Cafe, the food is so so but it is great to sit in the car and have a ice cream sundae!!

    ReplyDelete